P.E.'s Reviews > The Uninvited

The Uninvited by Tim Wynne-Jones

Mar 26, 11

Read from March 16 to 17, 2011

The Uninvited by Tim Wynne Jones was completely different from what I expected.

The story was told in the alternating perspective of Mimi, Jay and Cramer. They were all very different characters with different voices. Mimi did many things through out the story that I found out of character so I didn't connect too much with her. Jay didn't have a huge part in the story after he and Mimi were initially introduced, and Cramer, well, he's special. I won't go any further than that.

To be honest, I wasn't very into the story. The characters didn't attract my attention and the plot didn't move much until near the middle and end by which everything was revealed. The revelation was interesting, but again I found that it didn't do much for me. I didn't find it very believable and I don't think I would be the target for this genre.

The thing I was disappointed in was that I expected a horror story here but I didn't get one. I wasn't frightened and that's where the story fell apart, because I couldn't get myself interested in it.

The story was set in a very small town in Ontario near Ottawa and Kingston. I enjoyed the Canadian references. The setting was well written. Even now I can easily imagine the small town they were from. The stalker was creepy and will keep you guessing.

Overall, the Uninvited was an eerie story but it didn't give me all I wanted as a reader. 2 stars,

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Uninvited.