Alma (aka Mrs. Rhaw)'s Reviews > Tempted

Tempted by Megan Hart

Mar 16, 2011

bookshelves: books-in-2011, kindle
Read in March, 2011

** spoiler alert ** "There are few times when we know with absolute certainty we are going to do something for the last time. Life has a way of moving in circles, bringing us back to places we didn’t expect
and taking us away from those we do. There are too many times we don’t pay close enough attention, and moments are lost in our assumption we’ll have another chance."

This is what goes through Anne’s mind when she sees Alex for the last time. Encouraged by her own husband, Alex’s best friend from childhood, she puts an end to the “summer fling“ by finally having sex with Alex.

What would you do if your own husband suggested you a ménage without sex with the other man. A drop dead stranger who moved into your house for a couple of weeks, a stranger who can have and had any girl he wanted. A stranger who’ll change your world: your perfect little world, your world where everything is set to please others. Anne cannot believe her husband has chosen her and every time when she looks at him, she questions her luck, and now THIS man wants her too,
“Are you hungry?”
This gave me pause. “A little. Why?”
Then, the smile. The look. Heat.
“Because you’re looking at me like you want to eat me up with
a spoon.”

and her husband will gladly share her…to a certain amount.

Alex is everything James isn’t and had tried to be long ago, and will try to be once Alex comes back into his life. Even the smile that Anne found charming is a copy of Alex’s. This little illicit affair? relationship? play of circumstances? will change Anne, it will threaten her marriage but not because of sex, but because Anne finally stops pretending, stops trying to be PERFECT and starts living.

Tempted is a book with flawed characters, sex, betrayal, truth, self-discovery and a book of letting go. And I really enjoyed it because it is so real with everything that you’ll find there. If you asked me if there is a HEA I couldn’t tell you. It depends how kinky you are ;-)

EDIT: oh I just found out that there are "sequels" to Tempted. YAY!!!
Everything Changes by Megan Hart and Naked by Megan Hart

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted.

Quotes Alma (aka Mrs. Rhaw) Liked

Megan Hart
“There are few times when we know with absolute certainty we are going to do something for the last time. Life has a way of moving in circles, bringing us back to places we didn’t expect
and taking us away from those we do. There are too many times we don’t pay close enough attention, and moments are lost in our assumption we’ll have another chance.”
Megan Hart, Tempted