Kiki's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Quotes Kiki Liked

J.K. Rowling
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

07/04/2015 marked as: currently-reading
07/05/2015 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-12)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Dinjolina Aaaaaaaaw...poor you :)
It was kind of fab 10 years ago when pnr was just one big fanfic :)

message 11: by Kiki (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kiki Yeah, you're right. I miss those old days.

message 10: by Kiki (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kiki Yeah, I agree, Cillian. Honestly, I hate these books. They're boring to me. Just not my thing. I'm not interested in witches and magic brooms 'n shit.

Wendy Darling Hm, I knew I liked you ladies! They're not really my thing either. I appreciate how imaginative they are (and I'm glad they get people reading), but the first few I read weren't complex/dark enough to hold my interest.

I also got frustrated with how Harry only ever really reacted to things rather than taking action himself. People tell me the later ones are better...but those same people are also rabid fans. I'm glad they make people happy, I'm just not one of them really.

Caitlin It's funny because the first two books didn't really impress me. It was when things starting getting dark, like soul sucking dementors and when Voldy was actually killing little kids, was when I got addicted.

But I can see why witches and brooms sticks is a snore.

Tatiyana White Ditto. I think I was in 5th grade when the fifth book was released and I finally admitted how uninterested I was in the series. I didn't even bother with the movies. Rowling is very talented though.

E.E. They replaced "philosopher" with "sorcerer" because they thought Americans were too dumb to know what a philosopher is. They is the publishers.

Sean Who changed the wand into a gun.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Screw the wands
Shit just got real.

Sirona Leopold Montenegro Valverde Well, the Harry Potter series aren't very structurally solid, it was mostly J.K. Rowling letting her imagination off the leash, or at least that's what it looks like. It's got magic that sometimes doesn't make sense (how does one make up a new spell, for example?), it's a story about the human world and magical world coexisting in secrecy, but it's not explained why. I wouldn't find myself entertained by it, were I to give it another read.

Juwairiyah Sa-eed Abubakar LOVE THAT PIC!!! now my favorite quote :)

La Coccinelle I'm not the biggest fan of this series. I liked the first three books well enough, but after that things kind of went downhill. I think I actually gave the last book one star! (The length of the books may have something to do with my opinions about this series. The first three books were fairly short; after that, they got really long. The lack of editing showed!)