L.J. DeLeon's Reviews > Blood Lust

Blood Lust by Zoe Winters

Mar 16, 11

Read in March, 2011

I enjoyed this book. It gave me three good novellas in one book: Kept, Claimed, and Mated. Kept starts her series and each builds upon the other. All the characters know one another.

"Kept" introduces the world. The heroine is a cat therian named Greta. Therians are shapeshifters. The hero is a wizard named Dayne. He's gotten a bad rep, undeserved but much cultivated. Greta is wanted for her blood because she was born in animal form. Dayne is the only being powerful enough to save her. This book introduces the hero and heroine of "Claimed."

"Claimed" starts the same night that "Kept" ends. The vampire Anthony is drunk on Greta's blood--he had to drink to draw the poison from her. He visits Charlees--Greta's best friend--is overwhelmed by her scent, and attacks her. Ashamed of almost killing her, he wipes her memory. When she wakes she doesn't know her name, the name of her dog, or anything about herself. That's where the fun begins. Anthony now has to save Charlee from himself and his kind and find a way to restore her memory.

"Mated" deals with Charlee's newfound friend Jane. She has the ability to see the demon that possess the vampires. They want her dead or as their pet. Cole, the leader of the werewolf pack, takes her froma fledgling vampire to satisfy a gambling debt. Once in Cole's world she learns the truth behind her blood, the history of the vampires and werewolves, and just how important she is to Cole's world.

Also, in the Claimed we are introduced to a incubus named Cain. I can't wait to see him in other stories.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Lust.