Lexxie 's Reviews > Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Mar 17, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-adult, fave-2011-before
Read from March 16 to 17, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This book left me with a taste of "more-ish" eventhough it was excellent. A lot of things were resolved, but I really missed especially one scene. I would have loved to read about Mac talking to Dani and telling Dani she has been forgiven.
I hope Ms. Moning will revisit this series in the future! I want to know what Mac and Barrons will do next, I want to know if the fairy Queen and King will be reunited. And I just really don't want it to be over...
AndI totally loved it when Mac saw through Ro's / the beast's illusion, and killed Ro! Rowena seems to have been in it only for the power from the very beginning - there has to have been a reason why the Haven actually created a secret Haven on the outside in order to be able to hide stuff rom her!
And I also really want to sit in on the conversation between Mac and Tellie!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.

Quotes Lexxie Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?"
I do.
Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me.”

Karen Marie Moning
“When you know who I am. Let me be your man.”

Karen Marie Moning
“The moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you were trouble."
"Ditto."
"I wanted to drag you between the shelves, fuck you senseless, and send you home."
"If you'd done that, I never would have left."
"You're still here anyway."
"You don't have to sound so sour about it."
"You're upsetting my entire existence."
"Fine, I'll leave."
"Try and I'll chain you up.”

Karen Marie Moning
“V'lane: Are you busy tomorrow MacKayla ?
Barrons: She's working on old texts with me.
V'lane: Ah. Old texts. A banner day at the bookstore.
Barrons: We're translating Kama Sutra...with interactive aids.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I don't have any idea what to wear anymore, so I tried to cover all bases."
"Try skin."
"Little chilly for that."
We looked at each other across the coffee table.
His eyes didn't say, I'd heat you up, and mine didn't say What are you waiting for? He didn't reply, Fuck if I'm making the first move, so I was careful not to say, I wish you would, because I can't, because I'm... and he didn't snap ...choking on your pride?!
"As if you aren't."
"Excuse me?"
"Really Barrons," I said drily. "I'm not the only one who didn't just not have that conversation, and you know it."
There was the faint, sexy lift of his lip. "You're a piece of work, Ms. Lane."
"Right back at you.”

Karen Marie Moning
“We have to save the world," I reminded him.
He reached for me. "The world can wait. I can't.”

Karen Marie Moning
“They'll try to kill you."
"Good thing I'm hard to kill." Only one thing concerned me. "Will you?"
"Never. I'm the one who will always watch over you. Always be there to fuck you back to your senses when you need it, the one who will never let you die.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Never underestimate a well-dressed bimbo.”
tags: mac

Karen Marie Moning
You may be trying to claim the woman, his eyes said, but make no mistake, she and the fucking fireplace are mine.
tags: jzb

Karen Marie Moning
“Ancient eyes had stared at me, filled with ancient grief. And something more. Something so alien and unexpected that I'd almost burst into tears. I'd seen many things in his eyes in the time that I'd known him: lust, amusement, sympathy, mockery, caution, fury. But I had never seen this.

Hope. Jericho Barrons had hope, and I was the reason for it.

I would never forget his smile. It had illuminated him from the inside out.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Christian : You two gonna stand there fucking each other with your eyes all night, or can we get on with it ?”

Karen Marie Moning
“We will K‘Vruck the world.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Don't leave me, Rainbow Girl."
Rainbow Girl. Was that who I was?
It seemed so long ago. I smiled faintly. "Remember the skirt I wore to Mallucé's the night you told me to dress Goth?"
"It's upstairs in your closet. Never throw it away. It looked like a wet dream on you.”

Karen Marie Moning
“What part of 'directly' didn't you understand?"
"Same part of 'play well with others' you never understand, O cantankerous one," I muttered.
He laughed, surprising me [...] "I'd be a lot less cantankerous if you admitted you wanted to fuck me and we got down to it.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Kids. Pain in the ass. Don't know why I ever made them. Hell on relationships.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Was that the sum total of my exsitence? I didn't get the erudition of 'I think therefore I am.'
Instead I got 'I am, therefore I want to fuck Jericho Barrons.”
tags: mac

Karen Marie Moning
“Accept me or kill me MacKayla. But choose. Fucking Choose.”

Karen Marie Moning
“That's it. Fate is a fickle whore. We're not going. Take your clothes off and get back in my bed.”

Karen Marie Moning
“God Said: Let there be light!
I said: Say please.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I hate fate. I don’t believe in her. Unfortunately, I think the bitch believes in me.”

Nightwindflyhighfreeeeeee.

Karen Marie Moning
“Who's driving this motorcycle and who's in the bloody sidecar? I don't ride in the sidecar. I don't even own a pussy bike with a sidecar.”

Karen Marie Moning
“He's trying not to laugh. I tell him I would have doomed mankind for him, and he's trying not to laugh.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Who says we need the walls back up? You're roaches, we're Raid. We'll get rid of you eventually.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Some people bring out the worst in you, others bring out the best, and then there are those remarkably rare, addictive ones who just bring out the most. Of everything.
They make you feel so alive that you'd follow them straight into hell, just to keep getting your fix.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Some things are sacred. Until you act like they're not. Then you lose them”

03/16/2011
70.0% "Oh my goodness! I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight, or if I'll stay up to finish this book!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I lost a whole lota sleep reading this series...so worth it though!!

Lexxie I know, I didn't sleep a lot this week either! There was SO much to read, and I loved it :)

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I agree with you on the Mac and Dani thing..I would have really Dani to know that Mac had forgiven her and what the Helll Ryordan wanted from her??

Lexxie See, we need at least one more book to deal with all of that :D

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I hear rumors of a spin-off but who knows!

Lexxie woohoo! there will be a three-book spin-off series about Dani, then there will be two more books about Mac and Barrons :D I'm SO happy about that!