Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Pearl

Pearl by Jo Knowles

Aug 10, 2011

liked it
Read in July, 2011

This book is really fast read for me. I was able to easily step in to the story cause of the major drama going on. The plot line of this book is simple yet significant.Lots of secrets, floating around revealing themselves one by one that you are hooked on it like a Spanish novella.

I love the main character Bean. She demanded answers and got them. Even though they weren't what she expected she handle it the best that she could. She knew her mother held secrets, she just never thought it would affect her life so greatly. I have to admit, that what the mother did was just, crazy. T he secrets she held cause so much trouble not only in her life but in her daughters as well. I felt like the mother was selfish and didn't take the chance to even help daughter.

One thing t hat I also like in this book is the one stable relationship Bean had. I believe that without Henry, Bean would just be lost. I am happy that she had someone that she cared for there for her and honest with her. He didn't judge her or get angry with her. Instead he stood by her like the best friend he is and just held her. Their friendship could stand the test of anything and they both get through it.

Pearl is a filled with dark secrets that finally come to light. Secrets that have been held for so long that they busted from the seem of the book blinding the reader. I gasped like I don't know how many times! At times it was intense, with angry emotions and sadness. Other times, you were finally happy the truth is out and everyone can just breathe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pearl.

07/14/2011 page 119