Talia Vance's Reviews > Gilt

Gilt by Katherine Longshore

Apr 08, 12

This book sucked me in from page one and wouldn't let me go. Even though I *knew* how the story had to end, I was on the edge of my seat, hoping for a different ending.

Kitty and Cat have a complex relationship that is easy to relate to. Cat wields her power over her friends and the court without regard for consequences, and Kitty is powerless to help her. In the Tudor court, the girls stand to lose much more than just their reputations, and the tension is absolutely palpable.

This is Kitty's story as much as it is Catherine Howard's, and I loved the way Kitty finds strength she didn't know she had, so much so that she can be there for her friend after all that transpires.

This book is beautifully written, with gorgeous prose that is both accessible and lush. I loved the fact that so many of the characters were real people, and that so much of their real lives was woven into the plot.

This book is the perfect marriage of excellent historical fiction and just plain page turning fun. A book to treasure.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gilt.