Sarah's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Mar 15, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-read, 2011-mar-read
Read in March, 2011

Unfortunately, this is the last book in the Milennium trilogy, so there's no more Lisbeth Salander to come. This book wasn't so much a stand-alone book, it felt more like a continuation of the second one. You'd definitely need to read the second book before even contemplating reading this one. If I could, I'd give this book 3.5 stars, to me, it wasn't worth 4 stars, but was definitely better than 3 stars.

It picks up seamlessly where the second book left off, Salander has been taken to the hospital, and her father is there too. I can't reveal much more without spoiling the second book (if you haven't read it yet, why are you reading the review for the third book!).

Suffice to say that in this book (as with the second), I did skim through several sections that just couldn't hold my interest, eg explanations of the big bad group in Sweden. :D It tied up many loose ends, and left me pretty happy with the conclusion of the story. The one thing that I wished for, was to have more of Salander in the story, rather than leaving her lying in the hospital for most of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.