Jeanie's Reviews > The Attributes of God

The Attributes of God by Arthur W. Pink

Jun 02, 2011

bookshelves: serious-about-god-theology
Read from May 31 to June 02, 2011

The attributes of God brings his elect closer to the heart of HIM. It is of course important that you are in the word daily, taking each attribute of the Lord, to know his goodness, his love, his mercy, his lovingkindess, his holiness, etc so that you are drawn to him by faith that is on solid ground. A faith that has count the cost, a faith that leaves you hungry for more. Reading this book with each attribute and scripture upon scripture left me undone. As you get to scratch the service of the Lord's character, you realize that you have to give up your will, a surrender if you will. Pink goes on to say "how vastly different is the God of scripture from the god of the average pulpit. Reading this book you realize that you have responsibility to make sure that you put yourself under Godly bible teaching, God-edifing, cross centered leadership. This book is not about you and how to make you better, church should be the same. God is about making his glory known to the people for salvation. We get to share in that as we walk and know the Lord and his character from the word. His word is his revelation of himself to us. We can walk in confidence because of his divine character. Moses is a great example of confidence that he beseeched the Lord.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Attributes of God.