Grace Fonseca's Reviews > The Vampire Voss

Title: The Vampire Voss

Author: Colleen Gleason

Series: Regency Draculia

My Copy: Got from Net Galley

Book Synopsis: Voss, also known as Viscount Dewhurst, relishes the sensual pleasures immortality affords. A member of the Dracule—a cabal of powerful, secretive noblemen marked with a talisman that reveals their bartered souls—the mercenary Voss has remained carefully neutral…until Angelica.

Angelica Woodmore possesses the Sight, an ability invaluable to both sides of a looming war among the Dracule. Her very scent envelops Voss in a scarlet fog of hunger—for her body and her blood. But he is utterly unprepared for the new desire that overcomes him—to protect her.

Now Voss must battle his very nature to be with Angelica…but this vampire never backs down from a fight.

Book Review: I loved this book. This book was so worth the wait. I loved the book.

The world building that Colleen Gleason has built is wonderful, because I also love historicals. Yet this has elements of Regency England and the world of the Draculia who live in it. She sets the rules of her world and sticks to it.

What I really liked about this book was that both Voss and Anglica are both individuals who have gifts or curses depending on how you look at it. I like that despite that Voss and Angelica are from different worlds, they find that they need the other and nothing is ever the same.

Also like how she made Angelica a strong match for Voss because you need that in a paranormal romance. This book works because Angelica has the freedom in some ways to do what most Regency females couldn’t do and that is follow her heart. I also like that this book took several surprises for me. I just loved the chemistry between the two main characters and really fell in love with the characters.

I also like how Colleen Gleason gave us hints and starts to set up for the next two novels, The Vampire Dimitri, and The Vampire Narcise. This world is intriguing, dark and wonderfully rich.

I have always loved books that keep me guessing and it was at times a thrilling ride. Buy It.

Grade:

4.5 Hearts

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Voss.