Angela's Reviews > If I Stay

Mar 20, 11

bookshelves: teen, romance
Recommended to Angela by: Heidi K
Read from March 14 to 20, 2011, read count: 1

I got this book from a friend who got it from her teen-daughter. I was warned to be in a good mood when I read it because it is heavy and sad. I was also warned the description on the back is deceiving...so for future reference...

"Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left - the most important decision she'll ever make.

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving."

WOW! What a powerful story. And please ignore the tag on the front - "Will appeal to fans of STephenie Meyer's TWILIGHT." -- This insinuates that it is like Twilight, it is not. It is well written with multi-dimensional characters who have a story to tell that anyone should be familiar with (at least on some level). This is a pretty heavy book discussing life and death and love and how the people in our lives affect us. Beautiful. and yes, I cried.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Stay.

03/15/2011 page 86
37.0% "It didn't take long to find out why it was a sad story."