Zeek's Reviews > Tall, Dark and Wolfish

Tall, Dark and Wolfish by Lydia Dare

Mar 22, 11

bookshelves: pnr, hist-pnr, hist-rom, pnromantica, romantica, romance, shifters, kindle
Read from March 15 to 22, 2011

The tale in which Ben, the youngest Westfield brother highs himself off to Scotland to find a witch to cure what ails him.

Ben Westfield has a problem- he's a werewolf shifter who cant shift. On the advice of an elder, he goes in search of a witch, a healer who can supposedly set him right. But instead of the witch he finds her daughter, an enchanting redhead who fires his passions as well as his curiosity almost immediately.

Elspeth Campbell is intrigued by the gentleman who appears to take her to a friend's ball. Charming and handsome she cant resist the chance to dance with him, even though she despises balls, and not the least of which- she cant afford the distraction, for she means to find her father before he finds her and fulfills the prophecy her best friend has just given her...the one that will supposedly destroy the coven of friends that has come to mean the world to her.

But little does she know that it's not her father that will fulfill the prophecy, but the man in who's arms she's dancing that very night.

Shifter paranormal historical romances are pretty much an easy A when it comes to me, therefore I like this series despite the author's relative immaturity in the craft. (At least it reads like a new author anyway.) Still, I so loved Ben and Ellie together and the heat they generated with their bizarre connection. I hear the next one in the series is better than this entry. All I can say is, if it is, I'm gonna really dig it because Tall, Dark and Wolfish wasnt bad, not bad at all!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tall, Dark and Wolfish.

03/15/2011
03/16/2011
7.0% "I'm interested- just keep getting interrupted."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tam (new)

Tam This book sounds great. I'm going to get it and read it!

Zeek Its actually the second in a series but you totally dont need to read the first one before it- they are their own stories!

Zeek oh and the author's use of the Scottish accent can be a little off-putting... but dont let it get to you. It's a romantic read!

message 4: by Tam (new)

Tam oooooh. So it will be a but tricky to get the hang of. I'll plow through anyway, I've read other authors who do that. Thanks for the warning I'm going off right now to start it. Woo!

message 5: by Zeek (last edited Mar 22, 2011 08:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek not tricky- just a bit much. enjoy.