Molly chaucer's Reviews > In the Shadow of the Ark

In the Shadow of the Ark by Anne Provoost

F 50x66
Apr 01, 2011

Read from March 15 to 24, 2011

Provoost writes very simply and to the point. Although I'm sure that some of the nuance of the book has been lost through translation. The author,s characters are authentic and human. Sometimes I feel that Biblical characters might appear to be without fault. Especially in the Noah and the Ark story. The writers of the Bible leave our imaginations to wonder what really happened. Provoost took the opportunity to theorize what might have come to fruition and brought new life into the story. I was pleasantly surprised.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Shadow of the Ark.

03/21/2011 page 213
61.0% "This book is telling the story of the building of the ark of the Bible. It is so interesting to read and become so involved that I find myself becoming afraid of the coming flood. he writing just pulled me in. It also has made me think. Hollywood has made the stories of the Bible into what they think will sell movies."

Molly chaucer A book worth reading. I feel that the story of the ark is cut and dry. I found that the story being told through Re Jana's eyes opens the reader's mind to other aspects of this Biblical story. What was the true reality? We don't really know. But we can imagine. Imagine the culture shock of joining people who have different customs or different Gods. Provoost is splendid at describing the setting. Translated very simply, I wonder if she wrote it in a simplistic manner or if something was lost in trnaslation. I do know that it was a captivating read. I actually felt the panic when the waters came. I feel the author wanted to get across to the readers, that humanity, no matter what, has a sinful nature.