Yaz's Reviews > The Shifting Price of Prey

The Shifting Price of Prey by Suzanne McLeod

Aug 17, 12

bookshelves: british-authors, ebook
Read from August 03 to 05, 2012

The latest instalment of the Spellcrackers series, The Shifting Price of Prey has the same humour, brilliance and fast paced action which I have come to expect from these books. Not only must Genny face her greatest fear - a confrontation which was inevitable but one she has dreaded for a long time, she has to deal with managing males who keep vital information from her in a unwelcome attempt to protect her.

Genny is an awesome heroine, she isn't all powerful and she doesn't whine about things that are out of her control but does whatever she can to solve the problem at hand and doesn't need anyone to protect her - she can protect herself, thank you very much.

I love the way the thread of the story is resolved by the end of the book yet opens up so many more questions without needing an enormous cliffhanger, but still manages to have you gagging for the next book which unfortunately is not out until next year.

With Spellcrackers Suzanne Mcleod has created an amazing series with vivid worldbuilding, flawed but likeable characters that act according to their nature, which is one of the many reasons I love it so much. The writing flows well and there is always something happening which makes it extremely difficult to put the book down. If you haven't read this series then I suggest you try them, you won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shifting Price of Prey.

08/04/2012 page 100