Amanda's Reviews > Lover Unbound

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Mar 15, 2011

it was ok
Read in March, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I so wanted to love this book. V is such a great character, mix him with a little bit of Phury and John's story lines and it had so many chances to be great. Instead it was like opening Door Number 3 and winning a donkey instead of the new car. Wah wah waahhhh.

First off there is Jane, who really is kinda ho-hum. Sure she is this hot shot surgeon and she obviously has the surgeon type ego to go with her but that's about it. She isn't that strong of a character compared to the other women. OK, so I could have gotten over that, but then she dies. However the oh so wonderful Scribe Virgin decides that her son has been shafted enough and lets her come back as a ghost. Thanks Mom!

Then there is the whole Primale ordeal. Look girls you get this edgy, hunk of a man, who will not only rock your world but introduce you to kink. He loves sex and will do you all up right. (insert girly squeals) Wait.. hold on... there is a last minute substitution..you get... umm Phury? (Cue that sad trombone again.) That's right girls, instead of the dark, dreamy hunk you get... Phury. Yes he's still a Warrior, but there's more to him than that. See he not only whines like a little bitch but you guessed it he's celibate!

I would have given this one star, but I was entertained so it earns two stars for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unbound.