Zuzana's Reviews > Then Everything Changed: Stunning Alternate Histories of American Politics: JFK, RFK, Carter, Ford, Reaga n

Then Everything Changed by Jeff Greenfield

Jul 05, 11

Recommended for: politics/history junkies
Read from June 01 to July 01, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Won this in a Goodreads giveaway. I am giving this 3 stars not because it wasn't written or edited well, but because politics, and history of politics, is not at all one of "my" topics, so it got a little heavy to read at times. 3.5 would have been more accurate if the system would have let me. That said, though, for people who DO like politics and history a lot, this would be a great read! The author presents three "what-if" stories from American politics of the 1960s-80s and they read so plausibly that the end of the book, where he shares some of the sources he used to research the book as well as sheds light on which bits from the stories actually happened and which didn't, is very helpful and enlightening. Overall, even for me, this was educational, and even if it took a bit of effort to get through, I'm glad I did read it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Then Everything Changed.