Jessica B's Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

Jan 13, 2012

bookshelves: released-in-2012, eagerly-anticipating, kresley-cole, vampires, own, kindle, favourite-reads, 2012, jessica-s-2012-challenge, need-to-read-again-soon
Read from January 10 to 13, 2012

I love you Kresley Cole! This is the dirtiest book I've ever read!!!! AND I loved it! Ummm.... Can I get some more dirty talk please?

Lothaire was nutzoid, cra-zee, insane-o! But what can I say, a damaged man is a sexy man. Lothaire's story did not disappoint.

I've loved all of the IAD series and all of the heroes we've met. But Lothaire was different. He was the ENEMY OF OLD! Everyone wanted to spill his blood. He was evil, cruel, 'ugly on the inside.'

And then we met Ellie. Sweet mountain girl. Taken over by an evil force. A force hell bent on destroying her life. Ellie was everything Lothaire wasn't... happy, full of life, set on protecting the ones she loved.

Some where among the ugly words, abuse and full out cruelty we start to see a beautiful love story unfold.

This book was everything I wanted it to be and more. While not exactly our typical IAD story. Still very amazing. This series is still up at the top of my favourites.

I can't wait to read more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

Quotes Jessica B Liked

Kresley Cole
Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....”

Kresley Cole
“(Nix and Lothaire conversing)
"Have you no mate, female?” he’d asked, intrigued with her, though she was his natural enemy.

“I was betrothed to Loki for a time. Which did not proceed smoothly for obvious reasons. So for now I am an unrepentant manizer.” At Lothaire’s blank look, she’d said, “That will be amusing in the twenty-first century.”

Kresley Cole
“His debtors always assumed he'd demand their firstborn. Like I'm fucking Rumpelstiltskin? What would Lothaire do with countless squalling babes? Raise them in a kennel?”

Kresley Cole
“Looking at you reminds me of the kind of man I should be with."
"And what kind of man is that? Drunken, poor, pathetic?"
"No. I´ve never met him, but I see him plain as day. He has crinkles around his eyes when he smiles and tanned skin from working outdoors. Honest labor has callused his hands. He and I will hunt together, cook and eat big family meals together. He´ll marry me and love my family, too." Voice gone soft, she said, "He´ll give me a baby boy and a girl.”

Kresley Cole
Elizabeth is my happiness, he thought again. “I could hate her for what she did to me.”
“Because of one unsuccessful beheading?” She tapped her claw to her chin. “Wow. I never thought you were such a pussy. I’m rethinking our friendship.”

Kresley Cole
“When she absently worried her bottom lip with one of her adorable little fangs, he sighed.
The Enemy of Old fucking sighed.
Dear gods, it’d finally happened to him.
Happiness.
Then his own fangs sharpened.I will kill anyone who tries to take this feeling away from me.”

Kresley Cole
“You gave her your heart, and she gave you the bird.” Nïx sighed. “Songs will be written about this.”

01/10/2012
01/12/2012
48.0% "Then he frowned. They fit. Like two puzzle pieces."
show 8 hidden updates…