Aly is so frigging bored's Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

Aug 03, 14

bookshelves: paranormal, favorites, rusian-hero-heroine, royalty, best-book-ever
Recommended for: Everyone! And I do mean everyone[but only after they've read the series]!
Read from August 01 to 02, 2014, read count: 3

3rd read: August 2014
Still really love this book :)

2nd Read: April 2012

1st read: January 2012
I just finished the book and know that whatever review I could write won't do it justice. It was spectacular! One thing that I loved, among many others that is, is that KC hasn't changed Lothaire or tried to mellow him or make him seem more... normal. He is as cray-cray as he's ever been and as ruthless, but we do see his charming side[yes, he has one:D] and the very, extremely arrogant one.

That being said I just saved some of the quotes that I thought that were not spoiler-ish :D

Cool new motto :D <‘We can always murder them later, but we can’t bring them back.’>

“You defy me, when I’m already on the verge of rage? I could kill you so easily.”
“But you won’t.”
“I might. Though I won’t intend to. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m quite mad.”
In a deadpan tone, she said, “I think you’re just misunderstood.”
Double take from the vampire.[she's so crazy to play with him =))]

“I’m superlative in every way.”[totally agree to that one Lothaire hon]

This might be a little spoilerish though...(view spoiler)

No one would ever harm the female in his arms, not even himself.[and many people who know me ask themselves why I don't want a boyfriend? If he can't be and think like that I'll make do without one, thank you very much.]

When she drew back, panting for breath, he rasped, “Look at your expression. You’re falling in love with me.”
She could scarcely think, but for some reason she didn’t want him to have that power over her. “I’m not falling in love with you.” I might be falling in love with you.
“Of course you are.”
Guard your heart! “I-I never said that.”
“Ah, but I’m me.”
“Lothaire, are you always so danged chatty during sex? I can make tea. . . .”[I don't think I've read something like this anywhere before! KC is the best!]

“Are you trying to make me feel guilty so you can manipulate me?”
He blinked. “Of course. Now, tell me you love me.”[I know it's wrong and that I'm cray-cray but I find him charming :D]

And with that my quote quest is up...

PS: We see a side of Nix that we've never seen before.
PPS: I can't wait to re-read it, KC's best book!

EDIT: A friend said that Lothaire reminds him of Dante from the manga/game/anime Devil May Cry and after I googled him I sooo agree :D

Lothaire on his New York penthouse balcony?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

Quotes Aly is so frigging bored Liked

Kresley Cole
Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....”

Kresley Cole
“He jerked back. "What is this? Be like you were with me the other times! When you melted for me."

"That was before I fully understood what a nasty piece of work you are."

"Because of a few shifter beheadings? Come on, Lizvetta, it's not as if I went around cock-slapping gnomes."

Her jaw dropped.”

Elizabeth,
With my compliments.
You will never get your claws into another one of mine.
Rot in hell,
L

Nïx clasped her hands over her chest, sighing, “He gave you his heart. That’s so romantic. So much better than a candy heart. Those get stuck in the fangs, you know.”

Kresley Cole
Elizabeth is my happiness, he thought again. “I could hate her for what she did to me.”
“Because of one unsuccessful beheading?” She tapped her claw to her chin. “Wow. I never thought you were such a pussy. I’m rethinking our friendship.”

Kresley Cole
“When she absently worried her bottom lip with one of her adorable little fangs, he sighed.
The Enemy of Old fucking sighed.
Dear gods, it’d finally happened to him.
Happiness.
Then his own fangs sharpened.I will kill anyone who tries to take this feeling away from me.”

01/10/2012 "I can't wait to start :X:X:X:X" 38 comments
01/10/2012
12.0% ""He rubbed his tongue over a fang as he recalled[...]" can I say I find that very sexy? ;;)" 2 comments
01/10/2012
23.0% "“And tomorrow? What then? You said I might have a month left to live. What do you expect me to do for that time?”
“Put on weight.” He slammed the door in her face.
Ellie glared at the panels of the solid door, her fists balling. “You asshole!” [=)))))))))))))))]"
01/10/2012
28.0% "“If an immortal is in dire straits, I’ll agree to help him, but only for a price. Then I’ll make him vow to do anything I want. The saying make a deal with the devil comes from me.” If he sounded proud, well . . .
I am.[love the book]"
01/10/2012
38.0% "Apparently, he’d killed so many family members that he must have significantly affected the Lore’s population. Doing my part for the environment. =))))))))))))))))))) [Lothaire rocks, seriously!]" 14 comments
01/10/2012
47.0% "Lothaire is breaking my heart. This book is making me cry, laugh and who knows what more. It's the best KC ever wrote!"
01/10/2012
66.0% "She sighed. “And you also abruptly change the subject. In any case, I did worry about you, Leo.”
“What did you call me?”
“Your initials. Lothaire the Enemy of Old? Sounds like Lothaire the Wizard of Oz. Leo suits you better.”[I am helpless: crying and laughing at the same time...]"
01/11/2012
71.0% "His situation was merely a puzzle to solve.
And I’m the master of them.His gaze fell on the diabolically difficult eighteen-piece puzzle among his collection.It would take sixty-five calculated moves to assemble it—without a single misstep.
[...]
Sixty-five laughably simple moves later, he held the completed puzzle in his stunned grasp.
Then Lothaire smiled evilly. I’m back..."
01/11/2012
74.0% "She isn’t in love with me, Lothaire thought as he dropped Elizabeth off at Hag’s.
This perplexed him exceedingly.
He’d pleasured his Bride, spoiled her, protected her. He wanted to give her immortality and make her royalty. He was the most handsome male she’d ever seen.[he's not arrogant =)) it just seems so :D]"
01/11/2012
84.0% "Damn it! He's f*@$@ng things up! Come on Lothaire, be smart!!"
04/24/2012
30.0% "This is great as an audio-book too, I am so glad for that!"
04/25/2012
52.0% "I love this book! Lothaire makes me want to cuddle him and to kill him, at the same time too!"
04/25/2012
67.0% ""Cold shower"-alert, I repeat "cold shower"-alert!"
07/31/2014 marked as: currently-reading
07/31/2014
1.0% "Love of my life, Lothaire <3"
08/01/2014 page 116
20.0% "And they get along SO well..."
08/01/2014 page 125
22.0% "Lothaire smirked. “I knew you when you were pretty.”
Her face flashed to her former visage, that of a beautiful Macedonian warrioress.
In a contemplative tone, Lothaire asked, “Didn’t I do you when you were pretty?”
Another furious shriek, then she was swept away in the tide of their tempest.
Lothaire shrugged. “Guess I did.”
=))))))))"
08/03/2014 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) you're done!. I'll read review later!

Aly is so frigging bored Angela Carr ~Lusty Lace~ wrote: "you're done!. I'll read review later!"

Read the updates too :D They are very fun, if I do say so myself :)) [Lothaire's extreme arrogance rubbed on me too ROTFL]

message 3: by Layla (last edited Jan 11, 2012 11:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Layla Nice review! Oh, you put all the beautiful quotes *sigh*
You wrote that you were happy that KC kept Lothaire the same way he was. I was a bit nervous before the book's release because I was thinking that maybe he'll become good. Can you imagine? Lothaire=good :))

Aly is so frigging bored I can't! And, at the end, as he kept that dog[forgot the name] I couldn't even imagine it :D And the way he thought that thing for Ellie, before he left to (view spoiler).

Another thing I can't imagine is him being NOT arrogant. He was so arrogant and clueless at the same time in some parts of the book that I just couldn't stop laughing.

Layla Aly (Lothaire) Daciano wrote: "I can't! And, at the end, as he kept that dog[forgot the name] I couldn't even imagine it :D And the way he thought that thing for Ellie, before he left to [spoilers removed].

Yes, he was very sweet (at times). However, I loved (view spoiler)

Arrogance suited him. And KC's style of arrogance is very funny. If another writer wrote an arrogant male character, I would definitely have some issues with him.

I loved that (view spoiler). I thought she was going to be banished by everyone for being Lothaire's Bride.

Aly is so frigging bored Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "LOL! I loved your quotes!"

Thank you :D It was so hard to choose only those! If it were after me, I would have quoted at least 3/4 of the book :D

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol, I know what you mean, I love it when he is being arrogant, it is just so hilarious! Do yo know whose book is next?

Aly is so frigging bored Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Lol, I know what you mean, I love it when he is being arrogant, it is just so hilarious! Do yo know whose book is next?"

No... But I want it to be Kristoff after I read the ending :D and maybe a novella, as long as the one of Danii and Murdoch's :D, with Lanthe and her vernekar(or whatever he is)

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Oh yes! I so want to read about Lanthe! I really hope that they do a novella of them, and also the Lykae twins as well!

Aly is so frigging bored Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Oh yes! I so want to read about Lanthe! I really hope that they do a novella of them, and also the Lykae twins as well!"

Yes! And Annika and Cara, the twin of Furie, and a lot of others :D

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) It would be a very long series, I find I don't mind that!

Aly is so frigging bored Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "It would be a very long series, I find I don't mind that!"

I would love it to continue indefinitely :))

Mariya OMG! Anime dude! TOTALLY HAWT! Hahaha! I have a thing for hunky anime guys! LOL

Aly is so frigging bored Mariya wrote: "OMG! Anime dude! TOTALLY HAWT! Hahaha! I have a thing for hunky anime guys! LOL"

You're so eaaaasy [to please :D].

Mariya They should switch the model in the cover with the anime dude. LOL YUMMY! Hehehe!

Aly is so frigging bored Mariya wrote: "They should switch the model in the cover with the anime dude. LOL YUMMY! Hehehe!"

I like the dude too. But Lothaire doesn't wear leather, so not his style :D

Mariya There's always photoshop! Hehehehe! LOL And oh, my! You probaly got his whole profile memorized, don't you?! Like name,date of birth, favorite color, favorite place to be. LOL

Aly is so frigging bored :)))) Naaaah, and favorite color is simple :D being a vampire and all he likes red, a lot :D

PS wouldn't be as cool :D Imagine him in an Armani suit, a little disheveled and with a sword attached to his belt *biiiiiiig sigh*

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Oh wow, that is quite an image you painted there! Gonna go and swoon over it LOL

Samina ~ Escapism~ I love anime guys.I dont kow if you know or not but Seshumaru from Inuyasha is so hot.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I had no idea who it was so I looked him up and although he has the wrong coloured hair, you know who came to mind when I looked at him? Rain from the Tairen Soul series.

Aly is so frigging bored All the anime dudes are hot :)) :D

Thank you Suzanne :D I do try sometimes :P

Samina ~ Escapism~ Really?I had always pictured Rain as bulky and big not lean and yummy.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol, I think the opposite, I think of him as big, but kind of lean and muscular, kind of like a swimmer ot a runner physique ya know? Either way, HOT!

Aly is so frigging bored You are making this guy sound very intriguing. I go look for the books.

Suzanne and Samina what are they like?

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) They start with: Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson and are a fantasy romance series, heavy on the romance with fey in it. I don't know how much fantasy you have read, but they aren't heavy high fantasy, and won't frighten you if you haven't read fantasy before. Basically Rain is Tairen Soul which means he can change in to a panther thingy that has wings, but the race is dying. He seek advice for the Tairen Eye which somehow directs him to a normal human (or is she?) girl who turns out to be his mate.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) It is AMAZING! I highly recommend it, it is an on going series as well, more then one book.

Aly is so frigging bored So it isn't finished... Thanks, I'll add it.

harlequin {Stephanie} Just bought this in audio. I love the narrator he does a sexy gruff voice for all the immortals. MMmmm. Can't wait. I've been burning my eyeballs out on this series. It's worth it though.

Aly is so frigging bored :D I am listening to it now :D He's good but it doesn't compare with reading it myself.