Ana's Reviews > Lothaire

Jan 26, 12

bookshelves: zz-read-in-2012, paranormal, vampire
Read in January, 2012

Wow! I loved the book!

I loved both Lothaire, the Enemy of Old (AKA Leo) and Ellie. She is a fitting bride for Lothaire, of course it took a while for him to get it, but in the end he realized that she is better than the goddess, and that her love is all he needs, his famous ENDGAME.

I couldn't put the book down, I stayed awake until 3 AM to finish it even though I had classes this morning (getting up was really hard ;-) ).

I'm even more curious as to what happens with Nix, as well as Kristof and Furie. Can't wait for the next book. We don't even know who it will be. But we do know that the Dacians will get theirs. The first one is Shadow's Claim and the hero is Trehan. (view spoiler)

The only bad thing - Lothaire is a bit of a moron throughout the book, and hurts Ellie. But I do admit that after millennia of thinking only of himself (his revenge, the Endgame (and he was betrayed a couple of times and the consequences were horrible, so he has issues with trust)), it might be difficult to adjust to letting somebody in.

Rating:

5 stars

9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

Mimi Smith For real on the Dacians? Is that a separate series, or part of IAD?

BTW, completely agree about Leo...

message 2: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Yep. :-)

Katie(babs) Lothaire's poor puppy :(.

message 4: by Saly (last edited Jan 11, 2012 06:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saly The Dacians sound interesting especially seeing how Trehan (view spoiler)?

message 5: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Katie(babs) wrote: "Lothaire's poor puppy :(."

I know, it was incredibly sad. In fact the prologue nearly made me cry.

Saly wrote: "The Dacians sound interesting especially seeing how Trehan [spoilers removed]?"

Yeah, they do. Although I was kinda hoping we would get Nix first. I can't make myself care too much about characters we just met, no matter how interesting they sound.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Katie(babs) wrote: "Lothaire's poor puppy :(."

A friend had asked if I got to the exchange of gifts part of the book. I asked if Ellie gives him a puppy? Friend laughed. It wasn't a puppy.

@Ana...Lothaire was a bit dense with the Bride issue. Endgame, Endgame, wish there'd been another term he had used besides Endgame. Fun story, though. :o)

Katie(babs) Anna wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "Lothaire's poor puppy :(."

@..."

Oh yes, Ellie's FU to Lothaire was epic awesome.

message 8: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Katie(babs) wrote: "Anna wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "Lothaire's poor puppy :(."

Oh, yeah. A bit creepy but way awesome. :D And he totally deserved it.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Ana wrote: Yeah, well he did spend millenia working on it. And he was too arrogant to even consider that a human might, just might be his Bride. And later on, admitting that she was his bride would mean that he had treated his beloved fated Bride badly (and that's an understatement).

True. Plus, he was a little bit crazy. Repetition helped him snap out his fugues. As for his arrogance, he was like a neurotic, vampire Mr. Darcy with childhood issues. LOL