Mary Wood's Reviews > Impeding Justice

Impeding Justice by M.A. Comley

Mar 15, 11

Read in March, 2011

I suppose as a creative writing editor commissioned by the author to edit the book in the disiplines of my expertise, (not line editing for puntuation, spelling, etc:) my opinion could be seen as biased. However,I am here to write an honest review as a reader and to give this book a much deserved space on my shelf.
Impeding Justice is a fast paced thriller/crime novel. From the off it will have you on the edge of your seat unable to put down, wanting to know what happens next as you recoil from the brutal - know no bounds - criminal and terrorist, known as 'the Unicorn.'
Here you will find a believable plot involving characters you will have feelings for whether they be: disgust, hate, sympathy, empathy, love or fear, because they and the situations are real-to-the underworld/police detective lives, which this novel draws you into. Not as a spectator, but by plunging you into the centre of the action in a way a 3D film does, giving the involvement of a roller-coaster of emotions.
Not for the feint-hearted, but for those readers who like it real:
IMPEDING JUSTICE:
If you are a young Romanian girl, beautiful and ripe for sex and hankering for a better life, take care, eyes are watching you. Your dreams will fall into the lap of the high profile criminal known as, THE UNICORN. Under threat of the safety of your loved ones and plied with drugs, you will do anything. One didn’t, her family suffered death by burning.
But, child-sex traffic is only one of THE UNICORN’S vices. Add drugs, kidnap, murder and terrorism and a terrifying and gripping story unfolds.
Lorne Simpkins, a gutsy Detective Inspector, is in charge of a team dedicated to bringing THE UNICORN to justice. Her quest to do so brings consequences. Her teenaged dauthter raped and used as a human bomb, her colleague gunned down and her marriage in tatters.
Available on Kindle and at Amazon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impeding Justice.