Ren's Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: abused-character, alpha-hero, annoying-chara, ass-kick-heroine, best-cover-at-series, ren-blog-review, buy-it-online-at-fb-and-book-site, cant-wait-the-new-release, crazy-character, demon, drooling-cover, enemy-to-lover, immortal-warrior, magic, paul-marron-cover, paranormal-romance, sadistic-psycho-chara, special-ability, stubborn-chara, there-are-hot-men, vampire, virgin-heroine, witch-wizard, long-age-gap, author-autobuy, assasin-killer, family-theme, favorite, god-goddes, king-queen, military-man, reccomended-to-translated, steamy, wanna-kick-the-hero, based-on-mythology, humor, make-me-nosebleed, wow-fantastic-baby, top-read-2012, tortured-hero, valkyrie, reviewed, own-hardcover, name-in-a-book-challenge, own-and-read
Recommended for: Kresley Cole hardcore fans
Read from February 09 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

5 stars and Top Read 2012

Maybe because from the beginning, Lothaire never be my nom nom boyfriend, nor that I lusting over him, that's why I don't have a high expectation. But then, how I can not adore this asshat-man-I-want-to-throw-something-hard-to-you-I-don't-care-even-you-are-The Enemy of Old? His "I'm tarzan you Jane" to Ellie, sometimes annoying, sometimes boring, but sometimes make me laugh. And I love Ellie Pierce, she's really a sucker punch that Lothaire never see coming. Love when she call Lothaire "LEO" and he call her "Lizvetta"

Love the book, love the characters, love Kresley Cole.
I'm happy I'm not wasting my money by bought the hardcover edition. At last I got that yummy Paul Marron cover, squeeeeee <3

Complete review coming soon =)

====================================================================
SOME OLD UPDATE

UPDATE 3

After reading LOTHAIRE's excerpt at Kresley's web (just until chapter 3. The new version of The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole have it until chapter 6), my thought is :
(view spoiler)

I never find Lothaire appaling, but after read the excerpt... wowza, I want to read his book ASAP!! And Ellie can be a kick ass heroine. Can't wait! =D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE 2 : COVER HAD BE REVEALED!!!!!

O.M.G, OH.MY.GOSH!!!

It's Paul Marron at this cover!! SQUEEEEE!!!! XD XD

UPDATE : Fact about Lothaire's heroine

I'm glad that I'm right when I think Lothaire's Bride is not Nix..
Just can't see them together..
Will wait and see what this Elizabeth chick will do to good'ol Lothaire... :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

Quotes Ren Liked

Kresley Cole
“His debtors always assumed he'd demand their firstborn. Like I'm fucking Rumpelstiltskin? What would Lothaire do with countless squalling babes? Raise them in a kennel?”
Kresley Cole, Lothaire

02/09/2012 page 2
0.0% "*sigh* Can't resist this any longer. Ready or not, here I come, Lothaire!" 4 comments
02/09/2012 page 75
16.0% "My first impression of Ellie Peirce? I like her!! And Lothaire-Saroya scene amused me. Poor, poor Lothaire..."
02/09/2012 page 145
31.0% "Why I must working this morning? All I want is continue read this. Sometimes I hope I have kindle or nook... :("
02/10/2012 page 151
32.0% "Whaaa, I love Ellie's Peirce!! She's perfect for Lothaire! :D"
02/10/2012 page 217
46.0% "Whoa! That's scene...might be one of KC's best smex scene! ;D" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Interesting. I always thought it would be someone we knew. Thanks for the update. I would have missed this!

message 2: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Just found it from her FB page, Jen :)...
This is what she said :
Lothaire's heroine is revealed. Her name is . . . Elizabeth Peirce, and she is the first mortal IAD protagonist, a character we've met before, not his original Bride, a being of untold power, and on death row. (And at least one of those statements is false) Which do you think are true?

Hmm, hmm, which is true then? She tease us :P

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Um, that is very confusing. Do you think more than one is false?

a character we've met before- False
not his original Bride- False
a being of untold power- True?
on death row- True?

message 4: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren I think more than one is false..

We never met Elizabeth before :).. But I don't understand with "on death row" :/

KC just said, she is his punishment..

message 5: by Angelic Zaizai (new)

Angelic Zaizai buset seri ke 12??

message 6: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren 仔, 我 决 定 爱 你 一萬年 wrote: "buset seri ke 12??"

Eh, benernya sih ini buku ke 10 Zai :D.. Yang 2 cuma novella aja :P
Tapi ga tau kok ditulis buku 12 :P
Wajib beli dah ini, tapi kok hardcover [layu]

~♡♥♥♕♏46613♕♥♥♡~ Omo... Paul...

message 8: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren ~♡♥♥♏46613♥♥♡~ wrote: "Omo... Paul..."

I think this cover is his first HC edition

Ashley DAMN. I like. :)

message 10: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Ashley wrote: "DAMN. I like. :)"

I remember Lothaire has a long white hair, right? I'm not sure, why make his hair short at this cover

message 11: by Melody (new)

Melody Violine rambut panjangnya di belakang ga keliatan kali xD
ganteng euy

message 12: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Mel, bisa jadi kali ya ^^
Hahaha, calon dibeli, dibeli, walo ini ntar keluar Hardcover =_=a

Superbunny absolutely hate that name saroya - even more than soraya. if it wasn't for kresley cole, an ugly name like that is enough to make me drop a book back on its shelf and move on.

message 14: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Bogwurst wrote: "absolutely hate that name saroya - even more than soraya. if it wasn't for kresley cole, an ugly name like that is enough to make me drop a book back on its shelf and move on."

I hate "Saroya" name too, and its not like Kresley Cole to use that weird name.

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Morgan I hope you got this one! I was worried about it...being Lothaire's book...but I literally just finished it after staying up ALL NIGHT (coffee...STAT!) and for me, having read all the IADs...best.one.yet...

message 16: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Lisa C. wrote: "I hope you got this one! I was worried about it...being Lothaire's book...but I literally just finished it after staying up ALL NIGHT (coffee...STAT!) and for me, having read all the IADs...best.on..."

Thanks!! ^^
Due of my geographic location, I can enjoy this next month, so I feel a little bit lonely when seems all my Goodreads friend had read this.
But see they're (and you too) raving about how good Lothaire, I'm happy to see that, I hope I will enjoy it too when my copy arrived.

My dissapointment just, I can't meet Paul Marron...

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Ren wrote: "Lisa C. wrote: "I hope you got this one! I was worried about it...being Lothaire's book...but I literally just finished it after staying up ALL NIGHT (coffee...STAT!) and for me, having read all th..."

message 18: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Tai the Lioness wrote: "i cant wait for you to get this review and to see what you have to say girl! It is an amazing read. Don't worry about the wait, its so worth it. Now I'm having withdrawls because i have nothing else to read by her :[ "

Oh, yes, she's a slow writer. But new books by KC always worth to wait.. And she start a new spin-off series, so we will read her book again this year :)

~♡♥♥♕♏46613♕♥♥♡~ Kl lgs baca ini nyambung gak ya? W pernah baca entah yg no berapa...

message 20: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren ~♡♥♥♕♏46613♕♥♥♡~ wrote: "Kl lgs baca ini nyambung gak ya? W pernah baca entah yg no berapa..."

Ga nyambung lah Mag =/ . Tapi kurang tau juga sih, soalnya ceritanya ini lanjutannya Dreams of A Dark Warrior sih

message 21: by ~♡♥♥♕♏46613♕♥♥♡~ (last edited Jan 13, 2012 11:11PM) (new)

~♡♥♥♕♏46613♕♥♥♡~ Ren wrote: Ga nyambung lah Mag =/ . Tapi kurang tau juga sih, soalnya ceritanya ini lanjutannya Dreams of A Dark..."

P e t t y Ren, kamu udah baca blom??? Aku kok krg suka yaaa... Aduh kenapa,ya? haha.. Penasaran sama pendapat kamu nih... Udah nulis a very short review tuh..hehe... Asli, aku kuciwa antara kecewa krna kok gue gak suka atau kecewa sama bukunya..galau,deh..hihi

message 23: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren @Mag : langsung baca ini kayaknya gapapa :). Ga kelewat banyak kok :D

P e t t y Ren wrote: "@Mag : langsung baca ini kayaknya gapapa :). Ga kelewat banyak kok :D

@Petty : Oh ya? Aku suka ma ceritanya. Karena sejak awal memang ga terlalu ngefans sama Lothaire, jadi seneng aja bacanya :)"

Makanya jadi penasaran...hahaha...kok gue gak suka,ya...wakakakak..perlu baca ulang mungkin..

Ashley-Anne yes lizvetta was such a sexy nickname!