Kelly's Reviews > Wild Desire

251943
Sep 07, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, free-ebooks, paranormal-romance, read-in-2011
Read from March 17 to 19, 2011

Guys, I liked this book. A lot. I had read a short story set in this universe in Kiss Me, Kill Me (review) and I liked it enough to snap this one up when it briefly popped up as a free Kindle download.

So what made it so enjoyable? Well, that's a good question. I liked Bea. She has that whole moneyed lady thing going for her until you realize that she's led an isolated, lonely life. Colin was downright delectable. I always root for the man who busts in on a naked lady and gives her a good kissing. Always. Leo and Ella were ridiculously sweet (and I can't wait to backtrack and read their story).

This might shock some people but until recently I didn't even know there was a paranormal historical romance sub-genre. I KNOW! What rock have I been living under?!?! Needless to say, finding this out opened up an entire world of unending surprises! (As an aside, until a couple of years ago I had no idea that there were enough Zombie books out there to sate my unquenchable thirst for all things shambling and moaning. I mean, really! I love Zombies. How could I have not known about all those wonderful Zombie books?)

The point I'm trying to make is that I really enjoy the paranormal historical romance genre. Now, there doesn't seem to be a ton out there, but this one definitely hit the spot.

Did I mention that I'm going to go read the first book in this series now?

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Desire.