Joanna Hoong's Reviews > Peter and the Sword of Mercy

Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry

F_50x66
Mar 14, 11

Read on March 14, 2011

** spoiler alert ** My favourite book in the series, probably because Molly annoys me and she's out of the way for the most part in this book. Somehow Wendy is less annoying than her mother. I love the ending too, and how everything in the four books seem to be leading up to this moment, and how Captain Hook and his gang kept ending up stranded in Pirate Cove even though they did get the chance to roam the seas.

When Ombra appeared, I was like "doesn't this guy ever die???"

Somehow I feel starstuff isn't that great of a power? You have the power of starstuff in your hands, yet you can't harness its power to shoot the evil guy dead. All it does is to make you fly. (And heal I guess. And never grow old and sick. And I guess it's a clean fuel.) But it kills people with a deadly orgasm if they get too close anyway, so they couldn't really open the box and kill Ombra. (I imagine Ombra with a Darth Vader voice) I don't understand why it kills people when they get too close, but mutates fish into mermaids? Why can't it mutate everyone then? Why didn't it kill the fish? :(

Perplexed. :(

I love Tinkerbell though. She's so much more likable in the book then in the film. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter and the Sword of Mercy.