Debra's Reviews > The Five

The Five by Robert McCammon

Apr 28, 14

bookshelves: sai-king-recommends, mystery-thriller, horror-supernatural
Read from August 03 to 05, 2012

Stephen King says: "The Five isn't just Robert McCammon's best novel in years; it's his best novel ever. Terrifying, suspenseful, unputdownable, and full of rock and roll energy. It's also uplifting, a book you'll finish feeling better about your world, your friends, and your music. Here's one you'll beg friends to read."

He also said this: "One of the finest horror-suspense writers of the late ’70s and ’80s returns with a riveting novel of a rock band (the Five) pursued by a mentally unstable Army vet who’s offended by one of their videos. It’s scary; it’s also a soaring anthem to the redemptive power of rock & roll. You probably won’t find it in your bookstore, so go to your (hopefully nonmalevolent) computer and click on subterraneanpress.com."

8/6/12 - Loved this book. McCammon is such an amazing writer. I was first introduce to McCammon when I read Swan Song and claimed it to be as great as King's The Stand. I've followed McCammon ever since and have never been disappointed. The Five is a must for music lovers of all ages; great characters, steady suspense, some supernatural elements to mess with your head a bit. I didn't want to put it down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five.