ClareBear's Reviews > The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

F 50x66
Feb 14, 2008

Recommended to ClareBear by: My sister
Recommended for: 10-14 year old girls

READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU WATCH THE MOVIE. That is, if you watch the movie at all, which I don't reccomend. But the book is romantic and touching. It will make you laugh and cry at the same time. There are four girls who have been friends their whole lives; Bridget (Bee), Carmen, Lena, and Tibby.
Bridget is a great soccer player with beautiful blond hair. Carmen is a smart, hot-tempered Puerto Rican who treausures their friendship and works to keep them together. Lena is shy and tries to hide her external beauty, hoping people will see something other than her pretty features when they look at her. Tibby wants to make a movie, and she is the only one staying at home for the summer. The girls are afraid to each go their seperate ways for the first time in their lives, but a pair of thrift store blue jeans help the girls through everything- together and apart. I reccomend this book to everyone, especially girls 10-14 years old. It is not a fast read, but not a slow one either. It's right inbetween.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

message 1: by Nora (new)

Nora ok :-)

Asavari oh crap, i've already seen the movie and haven't read this :(

Marla I think it is more appropriate for jr. high and high school than 10 year olds, because of the sex issues. I was surprised that I liked it and I was so glad that it wasn't the same ol' teen story.