Marjanne's Reviews > 101 Things You Should Do Before Your Kids Leave Home

101 Things You Should Do Before Your Kids Leave Home by David Bordon

Mar 22, 11

Read in March, 2011

I liked and didn't like this book. There were some good ideas on things to do with your family. Some are things that are pretty typical, some were unusual, and some were really interesting. I actually held onto the chapter list to remember some of the ideas. However, I have several gripes with the book. One is the authors. Who the heck are they and why should I listen to their child-rearing advice? There is no information on the authors anywhere in the book. The other big gripe is the constant reference to God. This book is very 'christian' in its religious references. Being a fairly religious christian myself this shouldn't have been a big deal other than (1) I was not expecting it and (2) they nearly hit you over the head with God-talk. I think it would have been better to approach these ideas a little more open minded religiously and maybe more people will appreciate it rather than get turned off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 101 Things You Should Do Before Your Kids Leave Home.