Lisa's Reviews > The Ice People

The Ice People by Maggie Gee

Apr 04, 11

bookshelves: to-read, in-my-library

I'm about halfway through this book and really struggling to finish it. I started reading it a couple of months ago. I just can't stand the main character I suppose. Hmm, nah, I just don't like any of the characters. The main character is weak and whiney. I have many colorful words to describe his "wife" but I'll keep this clean. I guess I'll just pretend the people in this story are the way that they are because the climate is very hot. I would like to know why the author chose to write from a male's perspective. This story maybe would have been better from a third person perspective.
I picked this book up because I thought it was going to be about people coping with the next ice age. The ice age hasn't begun yet. I guess it's more metaphorical at the point where I am now. A couple of other issues I have with the book is the jumping back and forth from future to past and how several words are joined together to make one word. I can't tell if it's a problem with editing or if the author is trying to be clever. I will eventually finish this book because I feel like I have to. I'll just be thinking of all the other books I could be reading though!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ice People.