Melanie Coombes's Reviews > Blood, Money, Power

Blood, Money, Power by Michele Marie Tate

Mar 14, 11

Blood, Money, Power tells the story of the Preston family bloodline through three generations. It begins with Otto Preston who starts out in life with a modest, but painful past. As a power hungry attorney he builds up a financially successful life. He will stop at nothing to tarnish the Preston legacy.
What follows is a tale that spans eighty years. We are introduced to dark family secrets, cover ups, political intrigue, corruption, greed and even murder. The story takes us from the glittering world of the Hearst family in California, to drug and diamond smuggling in Thailand and finally to the beauty of Oregon.
In the preface of the book we learn from the author that this book was inspired by a true story although the majority of the characters are fictitious.
I picked up this book, started reading the first few pages and was sucked into the story. The writing style is very easy going and informal. I felt like I was sitting down with a friend who was telling me a story. I liked that the chapters are told from the point of view of six of the main characters in this book. Each chapter is titled and gives dates and locations. I was so riveted to the plot from beginning to end. There was a bit of "naughty" sexual situations, but it made the book fun to read. Some of the characters are downright wicked and foul. Others are determined and loving and will stop at nothing to expose the corruption around them despite the costs.
I would love to read more by this author. I thought the book was a great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood, Money, Power.