Lindsey's Reviews > The Day-Glo Brothers: The True Story of Bob and Joe Switzer's Bright Ideas and Brand-New Colors

The Day-Glo Brothers by Chris  Barton

F 50x66
Mar 14, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: info-bios, picture-books

I viewed/listened to this book as a Tumble Book. The combination of the black and white pictures and then developing day-glo colors was presented in this online book, like in the actual book. The online book added some movement of certain parts of the picture. A larger percentage of the "page" on my laptop screen seem to be devoted to the text than in the print book. I thought that the movement of the pictures, the pixelized look of the pictures, and the movement of part of the pictures took away from the unique contrast and picture interest in the actual book. I have not read the actual book, but I have flipped through the pages, and I much preferred the hard copy, and would have rated it a lot better. The pacing of the voice reading the book was too slow for my liking as well. I would be interested to see which version children preferred.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Day-Glo Brothers.