Claudia's Reviews > When We Were Friends

Jan 13, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: book-challenge-2011, adult-fiction
Read from March 14 to 15, 2011

After years of not seeing your BF from high school and the two of you left on a bad note and one day you see your BF at her job. Would you have turned back around or would you stand there and had conversation with her.

This happen to Lainey with her to nice self…she was pulled in by her BF Sydney once again. She tells her a whole lot of lies to get her to take her baby girl Jacqueline for some days. She agrees to this and turns on the television to find out that Sydney has reported her daughter as kidnapped from the mall. After feeding her the lies of abuse by the hands of her husband Derrick. But once she seen the burns on the baby body she takes things in her own hands and pack up and run for the hills.

The first place she hits is a bed and breakfast of this kind lady that puts them up for days. In the mean time she is keeping in touch with Sydney to see what’s the next move or ideal she has came up with. Now she has to compromise her identity until she comes up with a plan or is catch by the law. In the mean time this guy name Alex appears at this place and comes to her rescue, just when her car breaks down. She finds the attraction there but she knows that she can’t risk him finding out who she really is. But for some reason he will not take “no” for an answer. The secrets were wearing her down but in the midst of all that was going on she wasn’t the only one with secrets of deceit.

It’s a page turner but you have heard this story over and over again but it’s the point of reading about it, in the details and adventure that you go on as a reader to find out the truth behind the lies of Sydney.

If you would like to see the book video of the review you can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ahlQ...
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When We Were Friends.

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Thanks for the rec :o) This sounds like an interesting read, but I'm not sure if this book is for me. Glad to see you enjoyed it though!

Claudia Thanks so much for checking out my reviews