Sandy Williams's Reviews > Shaedes of Gray

Shaedes of Gray by Amanda Bonilla

Jun 14, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, 2011
Read in March, 2011

I was able to finagle a way to read an early copy of this book, and it sucked me in so much I stopped working on my own manuscript. Bad! Bad book!

Or rather, great book! In short, I loved it. It’s about Darian, a shaede who kills bad guys for money. What is a shaede, you ask? It’s a totally awesome paranormal being who can disappear into shadow at will. This makes for some very kick@ss fight scenes that had me sitting on the edge of my seat.

And the romantic subplot? Divine. I always love me a good romance. Tyler is soooo dreamy, and the sexual tension between him and Darian is fabulous.

And have I mentioned that Darian is fabulous as well? She’s a very kick@ass heroine with tons of backbone and snark. I love her voice. She had me laughing out loud with her quips and sarcastic remarks, and when her latest target turns out to be someone very surprising and powerful, I was completely emersed in the world Amanda created and was happy to follow along as Darian learned more about herself and the dangers of the paranormal world.

Hooked from the very first page!
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shaedes of Gray.

message 1: by Mina (new)

Mina Soare "Bad book!"?
WTF, it's the most original thing I've heard in ages.

Sandy Williams Did you read my whole review? I loved the book. And, yep. It's very original.

message 3: by Mina (last edited Sep 03, 2011 09:19AM) (new)

Mina Soare Yes, I read it and I really liked it. It's not that that that particular phrase is the most interesting thing about your review, just very striking in context. Actually, I added the book because of the review, because I had initially found the official description to be a tad cliche.

Considering the amount of kick-ass heroine type books, everything starts to look stereotype and overused at some point or the other and one lears to enjoy the small original bits perhaps as much as an unexpected twist or an intricate plot. All I can hope for is that your The Shadow Reader will have its share of your original wit.