Robin's Reviews > Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

U_50x66
Mar 14, 11

Argh. I so had high hopes for this one. My darling cousin-in-law, who is so young and hip and smart and chic - she recommended this to me with fervor and intensity. So I scarfed it up, quite naturally, being that I am old and dorky and obsolete and even slightly ignorant. I was hoping for the best (both for the book as well as for myself - a post-read transformation, perhaps?)

So anyhow, I liked it immediately, although I found that a bit about getting strategically and neatly out of a tangled-up, messy, rather psychotic marriage to be a bit unreal. But once past that I delved into it with enthusiasm and interest and eagerly lapped up all it had to offer. And then...somewhere betwixt the delis and the downward dogs I had to let part of it go. I had to skip ahead - yes, purposefully ignore chunks of passage - in order to get to the love part. I HAD to. Does that make me a loser? Maybe. Did I like this book? Mostly. A whole lot? No.

So no need to inquire about post-read transformations - obviously I'm still un-hip and un-chic. And I'm still old.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat, Pray, Love.