Stephanie Driscoll's Reviews > Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut by Adam Ross

May 05, 2015

bookshelves: psychological-thriller
I own a copy

This book is incredible. And dishvelved. And has about 85 different sub plots. And by the end it gets a little messy. Or unbelievable. But it's still incredible. One of my favorite books, I could not put it down as soon as I started reading it. The sub stories....are incredible. Entrie novels unto themselves, and held on their own, they can stand, particularly the one about Sam Sheppard - which absolutely blew my mind, when I found out it was based on a true story. Should I have known that? I'm not sure, but either way, it made me go out and read a book about the Sam Sheppard trials. Ross is a briallant writer, and I picked up this book because Stephen King gave it such a favorable review and called it "the most haunting look at marriage since Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" But I almost feel like that limits it. It's so much more then just a look at the dark side of marriage (which is interesting enough) but Ross was able to pull all of these different tales together and the whole time I was absolutely invested. Did it get a little messy at the end? Absolutely, but for someone's debut novel, or even their 60th...this book was fascinating.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Peanut.