Lamia's Reviews > Hallowed

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Nov 19, 11

bookshelves: excited, angels, paranormal, kindle, arc, to-read-own, to-read, sequels-to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hallowed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aleeeeeza i'm on auto-approve (which amazes me, because HC has rejected me a BILLION times. so....I'M ACTUALLY READING IT :o hah, i'm sooo excited.

Nomes what!! *rushes off*

Nomes *dashes back* is it only auto-approve for some people? i thought when something was auto-approve, it was auto for everyone *pouts* i sent in my request.

might go and snazz up my profile or see if i should write some outstanding reviews i owe (does that make a difference?)

Aleeeeeza Nomes wrote: "*dashes back* is it only auto-approve for some people? i thought when something was auto-approve, it was auto for everyone *pouts* i sent in my request.

might go and snazz up my profile or see if ..."

someone once compared netgalley approval/rejections to russian roulette and i couldn't agree more. so it prolly won't help, you just gotta cross your fingers and hope for the best :D

and i got auto-approve only a while ago, most likely since i re-request the heck outta HC ARCs. i guess they musta gotten tired of me! :D

message 5: by Lamia (new) - added it

Lamia Nomes wrote: "*dashes back* is it only auto-approve for some people? i thought when something was auto-approve, it was auto for everyone *pouts* i sent in my request.

might go and snazz up my profile or see if ..."

some publishers put people on auto-approve, but sadly, it doesn't mean the book is on auto-approve for everyone.
I think Harlequin put me on auto-approve... Ahem.

And yes, I think it does make a difference if you rave about books you've previously gotten through NG :) (I know some people have gotten rejected because their review was definitely not positive... Which sucks, really)

Nomes I am only new to netgalley... I've viewed six titles, reviewed two (positive) and abandoned one.

The other three I have to write reviews for (might do that now)

I got approved yesterday for SLIDE by Harpercollins Australia and already read it. might review it now ;)

message 7: by Lamia (new) - added it

Lamia Nomes wrote: "I am only new to netgalley... I've viewed six titles, reviewed two (positive) and abandoned one.

The other three I have to write reviews for (might do that now)

I got approved yesterday for SLID..."

Oooh I'm looking forward to your review. I've been eyeing that book but of course since I don't live in Australia... Sigh.

Nomes LOL. it was a fun book. I am tossing up between 3 and 4 stars.

Aleeeeeza !!!!! :D

message 10: by Lamia (new) - added it

Lamia Aleeza wrote: "!!!!! :D"

Wendy Darling Hurry up, Lamia!

message 12: by Lamia (new) - added it

Lamia I'm actually just starting it now. I'm kinda dreading it tbh because I've hyped it up so much in my head :/