Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)'s Reviews > Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright

Aug 07, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, fantasy, young-adult, cover-appeal, movies-or-tv, shapeshifters, fairy-tales, books-i-own
Read from April 14 to 15, 2011 — I own a copy

This book was okay. It wasn't terribly bad, but it wasn't great either and yes, I feel as though the movie would probably be better. I didn't feel as though this book was as effective as it could've been - this was just so bland. The characters were flat, they could've been so much better developed. I didn't feel much towards anything, really. I think that the idea is good but to me, I kept feeling as though I'd missed out on things - the book could've easily been double the length. The lack of ending wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, but I'm annoyed that we never actually got to find out who the wolf was and things haven't been rounded up. I feel as though another book, if not a series, is needed to complete and improve upon this.

EDIT - Now I've read the 'bonus chapter', I do feel a bit better about the book. The ending was reasonably good, but far too predictable - I predicted the wolf to be who it was almost from the beginning and the consequences weren't surprising, either.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Riding Hood.

04/14/2011 page 56

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 6: by Nicola (new) - added it

Nicola I will read it and give you my verdict.

Ashley The movie is awesome. i have it on blu ray and i love it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The movie is great. We just watched it for the second time.

Danielle Yeah the books characters were a bit :( but it was okay overall...I agree with u

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen McGrath I haven't read the book yet, but the movie is great especially on the big screen, made me put the book on my TBR shelf.

Chloe Agree totally with this review. I need to watch the film I think..