Cheryl's Reviews > Nigella Express: Good Food, Fast

Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson

Mar 14, 11

Read in March, 2011

Well, I suppose if I could afford smoked trout and lamb, and had a dishwasher and a housekeeper, I might cook some of these. I don't read a lot of cookbooks, but to me this looked like just another glossy doorstop. I did read every recipe title and I tried to find something to try; the only 'maybe' is the "Fast Fries:"

1/4 cup vegetable oil
9 oz new potatoes

1. Place the potatoes in a freezer bag and hit them with a rolling pin until they are broken into pieces.

2. Heat a frying pan with the oil until hot, then add the potatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes a side with the pan partially covered.

3. Remove the potatoes to a plate lined with paper towels.

Serves 2

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nigella Express.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Petra Xtra Crunchy In the UK, neither lamb nor smoked trout are particularly expensive, you can get them from any supermarket. And as far as a dishwasher and housekeeper is concerned, I don't know about affording them, mine are very cheap. My son requires only minor bribery (watching cartoon network instead of what I want) to do the washing up. Housekeeping is 'done' (after a fashion) by your's truly, when she get's round to it, but since its free and you get what you pay for, its the best I can do!

I really like Nigella because she is a big, curvy girl who when she finds a dress she likes she has it in about six colours and wears it day and evening and doesn't care how often she's photographed in it.

Cheryl Ok, that's all good to know. And yes, I picked up this book for Nigella the woman, not for the recipes, anyway, I admit it. Too bad there aren't more pictures of her. Well then, reviewing the book on the lusciousness of the recipes, meh - three stars, mixed bag, lots of desserts. Thanks for sharing! :)