Wanett's Reviews > Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

Mar 14, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read in March, 2011

I really enjoyed this!! I sometimes struggle with the classics and expected this one to be the same. I find them to be too stuffy at times and hard to slog through. I must say that I enjoyed this more than Austen's work, by far. Jane is quite the character, I could so easily visualize her little plain self as she carried on throughout her life. I can't wait to watch some of the film/TV versions, starting with the most current adaptation in theaters which is partly responsible for me giving the book a try now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Eyre.

S.J. Pajonas i loved this book too (ha! in fact, there's a preview for the movie playing on this goodreads page as i type this.) anyway, i have to admit that i did love this book so much more than austen's works. something about it seems less fantastical, you know?

Wanett Yes, I know what you mean. For me, there was also a lack of lots of extra description and language that Austen sometimes uses. Reading this was so much easier to me, and Jane so immediately likable.

message 3: by Yeashea (new) - added it

Yeashea I definitely recommend watching the first movie Jane Eyre with Orson Wells and Olivia De Haviland it's great! I haven't seen one better yet, but maybe this new one will be.