Lou's Reviews > A View from the Lake

A View from the Lake by Greg F. Gifune

Aug 13, 11

bookshelves: may-read, horror
Read on May 08, 2011

(Introduction by T.M. Wright)

Greg F. Gifune’s “A View From The Lake” is an unrelenting journey into the depths of madness and terror that will forever change the way you look at a snowstorm or your favorite lake again.

There are not too many authors that can actually scare me, Mr. Gifune is one of them.

“A View From The Lake” is one of the best ghost stories I have ever read. Though calling it a simple ghost story might be an injustice, it is so much more than that. I found it very hard to turn the lights out after I finished, it had that much of an impact. This book will stay with you long after you finish the last page.

From the very first page Mr. Gifune draws you into a world of madness, where things aren’t always what they appear to be. His prose is dark and disturbing, the atmosphere haunting and unsettling. Mr. Gifune leads you on a horrific journey that ends….you, my friend will have to read the book to find that out, but it is safe to say the ending will leave you breathless and shaken.

Mr. Gifune continues to push the boundaries of what dark fiction can be, and in my opinion is one of the best authors in dark fiction today. If you have not yet read anything by Mr. Gifune what are you waiting for, use the link above to order “A View From The Lake”, I guarantee you will not be disappointed and I give it my highest recommendation.

My Review
This is a chilling tale of dark mystery. The story is set around a Lake, there seems to be a mystery around it and it's presents a place of death for some individuals. A married couple bought some property near the Lake and life has seemed to have deteriorated for them.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A View from the Lake.

message 1: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly This one sounds good! I've added it to my list!!