Alana Massa's Reviews > Reaching Through Time: Three Novellas

F_50x66
Mar 22, 11

bookshelves: english-492-outside-reading
Read from March 17 to 20, 2011

Three stories of time. The first one an eerie tale of a girl who doesn't know who she is or where she came from. By the time she realizes who she is it is almost too late. The second story of a boy born with a handicap comes across a strange place in which his watch and cell phone don't work. He doesn't know who is crazy himself or the professor he took a summer job with. He is falling in love with the professor's daughter but why won't she come down the mountain with him to see a movie? The last and final story is of a time traveler who falls in love with a boy from the future. When she finds out his deepest darkest secret does she go back in time and change the past? Will this change effect history forever?
I think that these three short stories could be used in the classroom. They are all futuristic and deal with a lot of foreshadowing. I think students could read one or all three of these stories and learn a lot of literary elements. If i had to chose a grade level to use this at I would say high school. It may be a little complex for middle school students.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reaching Through Time.