Sun (the one that glows in the dark, of course)'s Reviews > The Unidentified

The Unidentified by Rae Mariz

Mar 15, 11

bookshelves: wow, will-read-again-again, nice-enough
Read from March 13 to 14, 2011

When I started reading the book, I had quite a hard time adjusting to her terms ( which I take to be the brand name, much like Nokia and Sony Ericsson), like intouch and so on. But I liked how original she was with her writing. She made her own brand for the sake of being original, which I applaud for the effort.
I liked Kid very much, how she was very observant of her surrounding, the way that she wasn't sucked into the obsession of getting into the 'branded' crowd. Rather than having her curiosity aroused by the latest trends or such, she was curious about stuff nobody really took notice, such as the time she kept digging for information about the Unidentified people, after the stunt of the suicide of a dummy that she witnessed right in front of her eyes.
It was mistaken (maybe not, I'm not sure) by the sponsors to be an eye for trends, if I'm not mistaken.
I thought that it was such a pity that all the people tried to use her into giving information about the Unidentified. By 'all the people', I am talking about the branded and the sponsors.
It was such a pity that her own best friend turned her back on Kid just because said best friend was nt branded first before Kid, but that isn't much anyway 'cause said friend had already been drifting apart from Kid and her other best friend. Bleh, I forgot their name already. I sucked at remembering names.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unidentified.