Omar Nevarez's Reviews > The Darkest Evening of the Year

M 50x66
Mar 13, 2011

bookshelves: heartpounding
Read in March, 2011

I have read numerous books from Dean Koontz himself and I gotta say I loved all of them. This book is no excuse either. I loved it alot, because I am generally a fan of reading books that has mysterious forces at play like the special golden retriever in the book named Nickie who most likely was the spirit of Amy's now deceased daughter. However I did kinda expected some vital person must have died in Amy's life so I wasn't surprised when Amy reveals that her daughter was violently murdered but I was intrigued at the aspect of her daughter occupying a dog's body.

My only complaint on this book is the ending. I mean, like I finished then I was like "Wait, that's it?" Don't get me wrong, Koontz usually has a good ending, but this one...ehhh I felt like Koontz should know better than that. The ending felt like Koontz had no time/got bored of the book,took a little's kid suggestion as to how to end the book and called it a day.

What books I like to read probably are books that you absolutely hate, however, if you are a big Dean Koontz fan or at least semi interested in his books, I would recommend this book, doubly if you're into mysterious forces kind of books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Evening of the Year.