Marsha's Reviews > Touch of the Demon

1991207
Jan 05, 13

Recommended for: Adults Only
Read from January 04 to 05, 2013, read count: Once

(3.5 Stars) I've been anxiously awaiting the release of "Touch of the Demon" because I love this series. However, if I am truly honest with myself, I must confess that the first 125 pages were really a painful read for me and at times, I was unsure if I would be able to finish the book. However, I took a break, read a few reviews and perservered. I am glad that I continued on because the book was truly very good.

Kara has been whisked away into the demon realm and is at the mercy of Lord Mzatal. Mzatal vacillates from wanting to kill her to random acts of kindness. Kara refuses to be anyone's slave; so, she manages to escape into the care of Lord Rzyhakahl. It is here where she will experience the biggest betrayal of all as she painfully learns who she can trust and who she must avoid.

There is plenty of action and intrigue in this book; although at times, there were too many characters, creatures, and demon lore minutia. Also, there were two major sources of irritation for me:
1) I quickly grew tired of all of the butt kicking and brutalizations that Kara experienced.
2) I am tired of Kara talking about how she loves Ryan from book to book; yet, she sleeps with everyone but him.

There is no doubt that the plot has thickened and the intrigue has reached all new heights. There were times that I was in awe of the mastery in which Diana Rowland weaved this tale; but, I found Kara's character not to be as appealing as it has been in the past. At times, I felt as though she did not ask the right questions or use the best common sense. She is a cop for God sakes; yet, she continues down the path that will only lead to more problems. With this beig said, this is my reasoning behind the 3.5 stars.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of the Demon.

01/05/2013 page 100