Lauraadriana's Reviews > Sacred Fate

Sacred Fate by Eressë

Mar 14, 11

bookshelves: picked-for-me
Read from March 13 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy

I REALLY loved this story...it came so highly recommended, and it did not disappoint. I was my first m-preg book as well.

It's a beautiful love story, the main characters are gentle and true to each other...so caring. It reads like fairy tale, cinderallaish story where the main characters have to overstep a lot of intrigue and misunderstanding to end up together.

I love the world the author created and just really loved the story. I'm really tempted to read the second book, but from the reviews am a little reticent, that Rio certainly pissed a lot of people off.

I recommend this one though.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacred Fate.

Lauraadriana Bookwatcher wrote: "This book is SO GOOD!. I loved it but unfortunately didn't enjoy so much the second... "

I've just started it...I'll let you know how I get on with it...:)

Alyosha My favorite m-preg story! You are in for a treat if you enjoy fantasy. The world building is really decent. I loved Lassen so much I wanted him to have my babies *sigh*

Lauraadriana Alyosha wrote: "My favorite m-preg story! You are in for a treat if you enjoy fantasy. The world building is really decent. I loved Lassen so much I wanted him to have my babies *sigh*"

Nice, this is my first m-preg book, so I'm kind of excited...I might have to pry myself off GR to get some reading done though :)

MsMiz (Tina) Oh sweetie - you will love this - it is a real treat.

Lauraadriana MsMiz (aka Tina) wrote: "Oh sweetie - you will love this - it is a real treat."

I'm really liking so far...it's an interesting world :)

MsMiz (Tina) I still re-read sections of this book every so often. Hmm, I may just pick it up again!

Lauraadriana MsMiz (aka Tina) wrote: "I still re-read sections of this book every so often. Hmm, I may just pick it up again!"

oh do it and we can chat about it!

MsMiz (Tina) I can always chat about it - I remember it all to clearly! I really loved this one.

MsMiz (Tina) Where are you at? I started to read it after my first post. I am in the 'dark years'....hee

Alyosha Lauraadriana, I admit that Rio pissed me of like no other. But I can't say I regret reading Hallowed Bond, there are some lovely scenes of Lassen and Rohyr there, for example. And since the series is ongoing... I bet the third one will be awesome again ;}

Lauraadriana Alyosha wrote: "Lauraadriana, I admit that Rio pissed me of like no other. But I can't say I regret reading Hallowed Bond, there are some lovely scenes of Lassen and Rohyr there, for example. And since the series ..."

So how much of a Bastard is Rio? Is he super awful...cause I loved Lassen and Roh so much...

message 12: by Alyosha (last edited Mar 14, 2011 07:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alyosha Well, I despised him. I saw him as a weak, shallow and self-serving worm. But he wasn't a bad person per se, just very, very weak. His betrayal and the way he treated Dylen and Dylen's father were only some of the reasons I disliked him, as a person he was distasteful to me. I could have gotten past the betrayal if he had had some other redeeming qualities.

Still, I think he ended up loving Dylen as much as he was capable of loving anyone. And well, Dylen ends up being happy with him, so I guess that's all that really matters.

MsMiz (Tina) What Alyohsa said - although while I did thing that Rio was weak, I may not have had such a strong feeling toward him. He was a product of his environment...for whatever that is worth.

Lauraadriana MsMiz (aka Tina) wrote: "What Alyohsa said - although while I did thing that Rio was weak, I may not have had such a strong feeling toward him. He was a product of his environment...for whatever that is worth."

Well I've started it, and will let you know how I get on...I might be biased at this point though. I totally loved Las and Roh...they were great.

Alyosha lol, I know my feelings were pretty silly. I just expected so much of it, expected to love the characters. I actually arranged my work so that I could read this the second it was released. I guess I felt like Rio betrayed me too ;D

Lauraadriana Alyosha wrote: "lol, I know my feelings were pretty silly. I just expected so much of it, expected to love the characters. I actually arranged my work so that I could read this the second it was released. I guess ..."

I know the feeling Alyosha and I know I can bitch about it to you when Rio pisses me off :)

MsMiz (Tina) And the thing is they started out more loving and I thought..then he let us all down by being station oriented.