Jireh Lee's Reviews > The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams

Mar 20, 11

Read from March 14 to 16, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I finished the book bewildered and confused. I think I might have somehow missed the resolution. I just...I don't even know. I like the interconnected chain of events, the overall theme of everything being connected in one way or another. As always, I loved Douglas' prose. I can never say anything bad about his prose. It's just that I thought the whole storyline became so complicated and jammed with different characters, it was hard to distinguish the important ones from the minor ones. More than once I found my head scratching because of abandoned characters (I'm looking at you, boy in the attic.) No, seriously, what is he for? Is he just so that Dirk will know who the airline attendant is? Sigh. Anyway, one thing I also liked about the book was the concept of the gods only existing as a result of the human's belief in them. it's a fresh concept, in my opinion. But yeah, the problem I had with this book is that I got confused near the end and I thought the end was unsatisfying. I would have liked to see more of an explanation as to what really happened to the lawyer/advertising agent couple. But all in all, this is a great read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul.