Izzy's Reviews > Fullmetal Alchemist: The Valley of the White Petals

Fullmetal Alchemist by Makoto Inoue

U 50x66
Mar 13, 11

Overall I thought this book was alright. If anyone wants to get the gist about how the Elric brothers’ journey is like, then I’m sure they would be interested in this book. This is a bit of fast-pace reading, but will really let the reader feel as if they’re in Fullmetal Alchemist world. Also, if anyone wants more of Alphonse’s perspective, I’m also sure that many of you Alphonse fans would appreciate his side of the story.
“The Valley of White Petals” was the town—also known as Wisteria—that the Elric brothers were ordered to investigate. It may have seemed like any other town that the brothers have investigated before, but to their surprise, it was actually a town that lives by the law of Equivalent Exchange; this made both brothers highly interested with this town. The brothers being able to revolve their lives around a law that they know well because of alchemy. Seems like a paradise for the brothers, right?
Well, I can’t spoil too much of the story, but for the most part there’s nothing new about Ed and Al. Besides this being a side story, there are new characters in this volume that mostly show their dedication to Wisteria. The only flawed thing I have to say about it is how the new characters (especially Ruby) were completely oblivious to the town’s current situation. That frustrated me a bit while I was reading it. Other than that, the story all together was still fun to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fullmetal Alchemist.