Lucy's Reviews > Lock and Key

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Mar 12, 11

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock and Key.

Quotes Lucy Liked

Sarah Dessen
“What is family? They were the people who claimed you. In good, in bad, in parts or in whole, they were the ones who showed up, who stayed in there, regardless. It wasn't just about blood relations or shared chromosomes, but something wider, bigger. We had many families over time. Our family of origin, the family we created, and the groups you moved through while all of this was happening: friends, lovers, sometimes even strangers. None of them perfect, and we couldn't expect them to be. You can't make any one person your world. The trick was to take what each could give you and build your world from it.”

Sarah Dessen
“It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys.”

Sarah Dessen
“Everyone has their weak spot. The one thing that, despite your best efforts, will always bring you to your knees, regardless of how strong you are otherwise.”

Sarah Dessen
“We can't expect everybody to be there for us, all at once. So it's a lucky thing that really, all you need is someone. ”