♫Krista♫'s Reviews > Breathless

Breathless by Dean Koontz

2010094
Mar 12, 11

Read in March, 2011

Actually I'd say 3.5, but I enjoyed it enough (because I am entertained easily) to give it a 4. The humor was fabulous, and the plot--eh, could have been better, but I can't say I hated it. The characters? I really enjoyed the characters a lot. I was a bit iffy with the whole, "Seriously, another dog?" But I'm a dog lover, so I let it slide. Did I enjoy Puzzle and Riddle? For the most part up until the end when *SPOILER* they started talking. That kinda ruined it for me and all the fluffy language about the future. I liked the side plot and how that worked out, and to me that seemed like a better ending than the main plot, but the ending all together was nice.

The whole Marcus Pipp confused me, I mean, how did Henry know him again? I don't think Koontz explained that well enough. Oh wait, he was the one who suggested it to the Senator. Ah, but why was Marcus important besides that it kinda brought people together? Er. That is probably just my main complaint about Breathless.

Ah well. I liked the book and it was entertaining enough to get the 4 stars but really 3.5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathless.

Becky I thought that once the animals/humans talked it meant that evolution was happening and as long as we lived in peace with them we as humans would also continue. But if one of us kills one of them we would cease to exist.