Robyn's Reviews > Soul of the Fire

F 50x66
Mar 12, 11

bookshelves: reviewed
Read in January, 2001

After the previous two marginally entertaining entries into the series, it was good to see the author take a different approach, though it does give mixed results. Much of the book does not follow our usual two heroes, and that can be very distracting and confusing for some readers. However, it was obvious from the previous books that the author needed a break, and considering what comes after this book, I'm very glad he did. Besides which, I, for one, enjoyed the change of pace. This is less of a high fantasy action novel, and more about political intrigue. However, there are a lot of other distracting and otherwise useless elements clogging up the plot. This book holds, for me, the most ambiguity of any book in the series, and I am torn between being happy for the author's intentions, and feeling that he still missed the mark with what he was going for. However, I would still recommend that people interested in the story read it. It is not as skippable as some of the other books in the series, and sets up the next book so nicely that I will tell you now to have the next book ready for when you finish this one.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul of the Fire.