Kate Winiarska's Reviews > Possessions

Possessions by Nancy Holder

Mar 25, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read on March 25, 2011, read count: 1

Won through Goodreads Firstreads.

Possessions is an atmospheric and engrossing read from beginning to end. From the very first page you are thrown into the deep end of boarding school life, and the hierarchy of teenage girls in that environment, but with some added horror and mystery.

Marlwood is a very creepy place to say the least and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck raise more than once!

Lindsay is a brilliant character with a detailed personality and a mysterious and haunting past, and I related to her frequently whilst reading.

I found myself thinking back to my own high school days during this book, remembering the temptations and benefits of being 'top girl' and also being the girl that resisted them, preferring to keep my quirky personality and my own thoughts, much like the main character in Possessions.

While being a story of teenage life, the dreams, the girls, the boys, the secrets and the mischief, Possessions has a much darker side lurking beneath the surface that waits to be revealed slowly, chapter by chapter.

This book is so filled with twists and turns and suspense it becomes utterly unputdownable!

I read this book in a matter of hours and I'm very eager to read the second in the series.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possessions.

03/25/2011 page 90