Yulia's Reviews > Bullet

Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton

Mar 20, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, romance, paranormal
Read from March 08 to 20, 2011

I swore to myself I won't read anymore of the series after I read the 17th book, but then I came across the cover for the 20th and read the synopsis and the wheels in my head went "assassin, Edward and Olaf, good book, the best book since it all went to hell... have to read!" and so, there I am like 2 days later after I read the 18th, which wasn't bad probably cuz Richard and all the annoying people didn't have enough pages to make appearance, but when I moved to the next one it was an ok maybe until Richard showed up!
It's like I have an allergy to his character. Every time he's there I get irritated and just want to drop the book and never pick it up again, probably in my whole lifetime. Yeah, I went only 1/5 of the book and stopped.... I'll try to make myself finish it. Perhaps by doing a combo of a really good romance or urban fantasy book with this one.

*finally finished reading*.... okay... this might be the worse book so far...
One thing is that a lot of pages went to the opening, with intreducing every character (the norm) and that dance performance, and then the so called "fight" with Asher...
Killing Haven was sad, and I really liked him (who could not like him?), and the after though and all gave some depth to the book, but then the author goes and brings it back to that (ero)..
If you thing about it, Anita turned into something really close to a whore but instead of money she gets power, and I'm sure that in the definition is someone who does it in exchange for gettting something.
So Micha chooses another person who she's gonna sleep with, in the same day that she killed Haven and I donno about other people but I think there should've been more resistense.
So anyway, she sleeps with that one, and on the way Richard and Jean Claude, and I really hated that part. Sure Richard has been like that probably sincce the beggining, but not JC! And it's like she was okay with that.. well not me! I would rather it be a reverse harem! Plus near the end of the book Anita kind of? does a girl herself...
And if that isn't reason enough to hate the book, then there wasn't any action except killing Haven. Also no mystery or killer to find. AND! the plot of the next book probably started in this one, cuz the next is about assassins coming to kill Anita, and well some already appeared here..
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bullet.

Aleixie "until Richard showed up.It's like I have an allergy to his character. Every time he's there I get irritated and just want to drop the book and never pick it up again, probably in my whole lifetime."

I am in complete agreement. As soon as he showed up I screamed out loud and punched a wall. And I am not violent.

message 2: by Yulia (last edited Oct 22, 2011 02:38PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yulia Khrystina wrote: ""until Richard showed up.It's like I have an allergy to his character. Every time he's there I get irritated and just want to drop the book and never pick it up again, probably in my whole lifetime..."

I think that after all he did, and his repeated problem with "I'm a monster, how can I live with myself?" ;;>_> he ruined Anita emotionally, and all the other characters (the guys) made her domestic and in the end we have a nympo soccer mom that takes out her guns from time to time =_=; where are all the gorry killing and hardassing??? T_T
In all my bitching I got to the point of wishing to have all the guys dead, especially Richard, Anita davastated emotionally and turned back into badass killing and to have new male characters. Amen.